AMiE, providing a specialist service to leaders and managers
Moving into a leadership or management role? Then move to AMiE for specialised support, expertise and guidance.
AMiE is ATL's section dedicated to leaders and managers in education. We offer bespoke learning and development, resources and legal advice to support you as your career develops.
We understand leaders and managers have specific needs, so we provide a specialist level of expertise and guidance including:
- help, advice and support: a confidential helpline and a network of professional and experienced regional officers to support you in your role as an employee, and as a leader or manager
- excellent personal and professional development: accredited training and development opportunities for you as a leader or manager
- publications and resources: a range of free publications focused on contemporary leadership issues
- our website: packed with advice, support and guidance
- a voice in the education debate: an opportunity to influence policy and get involved in issues that matter most to you
- more for your membership: discounts and rewards for you and your family on a range of products and services.
Not yet a leader or manager? Then we have a range of invaluable publications and CPD courses to support your next career step including:
- How to survive at the top: advice on understanding and developing your leadership skills including how to reflect on your practice
- Nuts and bolts: practical guides on managing change and on financial management
- learning and development: courses on applying for your first leadership role, strategic and operational management, and change management.
AMiE is the only union to represent leaders and managers across the entire education sector, including heads, deputy and assistant heads, bursars, business support managers in maintained, academy and free schools, further education, sixth form and adult education colleges; and managers in universities, training organisations and other areas of education. For more information, visit www.amie.atl.org.uk.
If you are an ATL member in a leadership role in a school or college, contact the ATL / AMiE membership department on 020 7782 1602 or by using this contact form and ask to move to AMiE*.
*AMiE membership fees will apply following your annual renewal date.