ATL is working with the Tax Refund Company to offer you the opportunity to find out if you are due a tax refund.
Thousands of ATL members have received tax refunds averaging £242 each after asking the UK's leading tax code experts and ATLplus partner, The Tax Refund Company, to check their tax codes for errors.
In every case our members had been given the wrong tax code at some time in the last 4 years and didn't realise it.
More than 70% of members who have had their codes checked have discovered that they had been using the wrong code!
You should not assume HMRC will just send you a refund if you have paid too much tax. It is up to you to check your employer has been sent the correct tax code by HMRC and is taking the right amount of tax from your salary.
HMRC rules give you just 4 years to correct any mistakes and claim back money taken from your wages in error. If you miss the deadline, HMRC will keep your money!
The main points to note are:
- It is your job to make sure HMRC has given your employer the right tax code
- The service will check your tax code for this year and up to the last 4 years
- You will find out if you've paid more tax than necessary
- You will get back any tax that is rightfully yours
- If you do not get a refund, there is nothing to pay – the service will be FREE. If you do get a refund, there is a fee of £38 if your refund is under £100*, or 38p for each £1 refunded where you receive over £100.
- This service is totally confidential.
To apply online go to taxrebates.com/ref/atlws.
Act now and get your money back.
*If for any reason your refund is under £38, you will have nothing more to pay.
Call the Tax Refund Customer Service Team on 0161 968 7345 (Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm).