Effective leadership (online course)
This course is provided by Caroline Holmes. ATL believes that an effective leader will focus on teaching and learning as their principal aim and core function. ATL also believes that it can only be effective if it goes hand in hand with good management. This implies robust, sustainable, consensual systems that are well communicated and easily understood. This course looks at how you can become more effective with the teams, systems and methods of leadership that are available to you. The course will include some written tasks, involvement in discussion forums and the opportunity to talk to other leaders and potential leaders about their work and workplaces.
Programme themes include:
- time management
- taking care of yourself
- self assessment and feedback.
This is an online course and will require a time commitment of approximately three hours per week plus additional reading time of two hours per week.
This course aims to:
- understand your way of working and how to become more effective
- explore team management
- consider how to develop high performing teams
- examine the need for worklife balance.
Who this course is for
£20 to all members eligible to enrol
Register by Monday 29 April 2013. Course runs from 6 May 2013 - 10 June 2013
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.