Managing extreme behaviour
This course is provided by Pivotal Education.
Managing extreme behaviour in the classroom is a challenging skill rarely taught well. This course will equip you with useful and inventive techniques that you can use to work with students whose behaviour is challenging, unpredictable and at times dangerous.
The programme includes:
- understanding the relationship between learning and behaviour
- managing students with extremely challenging behaviour proactive strategies
- managing students with extremely challenging behaviour reactive strategies
- autism, Asperger's and ADHD and how to manage them
- managing aggressive and/or violent confrontation
- practical strategies for building and sustaining trust and rapport
This course aims to:
- develop a deeper understanding of the relationship between learning and behaviour for students who struggle with their behaviour
- develop proactive and reactive strategies for managing extreme behaviour and building trust
- learn how to manage students with autism, Asperger's, ADHD and conditions that affect behaviour.
Who this course is for
- Support staff (classroom based)
£40 - all standard teaching members
Birmingham - 18 October 2012
Bristol - 17 April 2013
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.