Stop teaching me when I am trying to learn
This course is provided by Hywel Roberts. The course will look at reigniting an enthusiasm for learning in the classroom via a curriculum that matters. The course will refer to current and emerging practices and supports the 2012 Ofsted framework.
The course programme includes:
- defining an engaging curriculum
- rapport and wavelength: how can we get children to look in our direction?
- holding on whilst letting go
- helping children learn accidentally
- what does Ofsted want?
- an introduction to 'Mantle of the Expert' as a vehicle for great learning
- strategies and tools to take away.
- to support teachers in taking risks in the classroom by looking at the ingredients required for positive engagement, rapport and motivation
- to look at doing the same, 'but different' – accidental learning
- 'imagineering' a piece of planning that can be taken back and used in the classroom using the 'Mantle of the Expert' approach.
Who this course is for
- Support staff
£40 - all standard teaching members. £20 - all standard support members. £20 - all NQ members.
Bristol - 17 October 2012
London - 24 April 2013
Manchester - 22 May 2013
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.