Taking care of behaviour (online)
Taking care of behaviour is a self-paced online course, so you can work through it at your own rate and in your own time. Because it is internet based you can access it from home or school and your progress will be saved each time you visit the course.
The content is multi-media, with video, articles, wikis and forums. There are a number of quizzes, action research tasks, resource tasks and timed activities, but at no point are you required to submit an essay! You will develop a portfolio of resources as you work through the course. This course is designed to improve classroom practice and be immediately useful. Our expert trainers support the course by providing feedback on portfolio tasks and submitted activities and are available at scheduled times in the online chatroom.
- Consistency in practice.
- Managing your own behaviour.
- Teachers' expectations.
- Student motivation.
- Praise and reward.
- Rules, rituals, routines and habits.
- Assertiveness: attitude, language, performance.
- Sanctions without confrontation.
- Developing trusting relationships.
Who this course is for
- Support staff
£30 - all eligible members
Online - 15 March 2016
Online - 09 June 2016
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.