Taking care of behaviour (online course)
This course is provided by Pivotal Education.
'Taking care of behaviour' is a selfpaced online course that you can work through at your own speed and in your own time. The course is internet based, so it can be accessed from home or school and your progress will be saved each time you visit the course.
The content is multimedia, with video, articles, wikis and forums. There are a number of quizzes, action research and resource tasks and timed activities, but at no point are you required to submit an essay! You will develop a portfolio of resources as you work through the course. Expert trainers support the course by giving feedback on portfolio tasks and your submitted activities and are available at scheduled times in the online chat room.
This course will run each term. Registration and start dates are fixed. You will be required to finish the course within two terms of registration. Places will be limited.
This course is accredited by Edge Hill University. Successful completion of the course and the tasks involved can lead to 30 masters level credits which can then be transferred via accredited prior learning to a masters in education programme at Edge Hill University.
This course includes chapters on:
- consistency in practice
- rules, rituals, routines and habits
- managing your own behaviour
- assertiveness: attitude, language, performance
- teachers' expectations
- student motivation
- sanctions without confrontation
- praise and reward
- developing trusting relationships.
Who this course is for
- Support staff
£20 – all members.
Online - register by 5 November 2012 - 05 November 2012
Online - register by 21 January 2013 - 28 January 2013
Online - register by 22 April 2013 - 29 April 2013
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.