Taking care of behaviour
This course is provided by Pivotal Education. Managing and modifying children's behaviour is an essential teaching skill; this practical, realistic and flexible course will equip you with simple and innovative tweaks to your behaviour practice. It will transform the way your students learn, behave and relate to one another.
The programme will include:
- consistency and the influence of your own behaviour
- intelligent use of meaningful praise and reward
- rules, rituals, routines and habits of outstanding behaviour management
- preventative strategies and techniques
- eradicating low level disruption
- assertiveness: attitude, language, performance
- intervening without confrontation 'win, win'
This course includes collaborative group work, active exploration of practical ideas, video dissection, action research tasks to take back to work, purposeful enactment, reflective individual tasks and investigative whole group exploration.
This course aims to:
- to share practical, immediately useful strategies to improve behaviour wrapped around an intelligent philosophy
- to learn how to teach behaviour through the use of reward, praise, rituals, routines and habits
- to develop ability to intervene skilfully without confrontation.
Who this course is for
- Support staff
£40 - all standard teaching members, £20 - all standard support members, £20 - all NQ members
London - 15 November 2012
Manchester - CANCELLED - 16 January 2013
Yorkshire and Humberside
York - 06 June 2013
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.