Taking care of behaviour
This course will share practical, immediately useful strategies to improve behaviour wrapped around an intelligent philosophy. Delegates will learn how to teach behaviour through the use of reinforcement, praise, rituals, routines and habits and develop the ability to intervening skillfully without confrontation. This course includes collaborative group work, active exploration of practical ideas, video dissection, action research tasks to take back to work, purposeful enactment, reflective individual tasks, and investigative whole group exploration.
- Consistency and the influence of your own behaviour.
- Intelligent use of meaningful praise and reinforcement.
- Rules, rituals, routines and habits of outstanding behaviour management.
- Preventative strategies and techniques.
- Eradicating low level disruption.
- Dealing with students who say, "No, I ain't going to and you can't make me!".
Who this course is for
- Support staff
£50 – all AMiE members, £50 – all standard teaching members, £30 - all trainee and newly qualified members, £30 – all standard support members
- booking for all courses will close two weeks before the start date of the course, and you will not be able to book online after this time
- you will need to log in to book, and will require your ATL membership number and 'My ATL' log in password along with your payment card details to process your booking.
If you have forgotten your password or are a first-time user, please visit our registration page.