Workplace reps - independent sector
Workplace reps in the independent sector have four main tasks, which are to:
- provide information to other members in the school/college and to raise the profile of ATL by updating the staffroom noticeboard with posters and newsletters
- recruit new members into ATL membership by introducing yourself to new members of staff and asking them to join
- act as a communication link on key issues in education between ATL and other members in the school/college
- signpost members in the school/college to sources of information and advice within ATL.
The workplace reps' course will allow you to:
- understand the role, rights and responsibilities of an ATL rep
- know how to access the support mechanisms available to you
- understand how workplace issues link to organising and recruitment
- develop your communication and negotiating skills.
If you are unable to attend this course, you can attend ATL's three-stage course for reps.
Who this course is for
ATL reps in the independent sector.
Further dates TBC.
This course is free to ATL workplace reps.
Birmingham - 17 May 2014