Union learning representatives
ULRs specialise in advising and supporting members with their continuing personal and professional development. They work closely with school/college members and management to identify ways to improve access and quality of current provision, as well as source new opportunities.
The role can include:
- raising awareness and promoting the value of learning
- providing information on learning
- identifying learning needs
- working with employers and partners to improve access to learning
- monitoring quality of provision, and supporting equal opportunities in learning.
Union learning reps course
The introductory course for all ATL / AMiE union learning reps will help you develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to perform this essential role in your workplace. The course is a 3 day course run over three terms, with one day/stage per term.
The course will help you:
- develop your skills and knowledge about the role of ULRs
- work with other ATL / AMiE reps on learning issues to improve union organisation at your workplace
- find out what ATL / AMiE policies are around learning
- promote the value of learning and skills within the workplace
- identify members' learning needs
- support members in managing their own learning
- work with your employer to develop learning opportunities.
Who this course is for
This course is for new ATL / AMiE union learning reps and those ULRs who haven't been on any training, as well as branch officers and workplace reps that have an ATL responsibility for union learning or just want to know more.
South East and London
London - Stage 1 - 08 December 2016
London - Stage 2 - 16 March 2017
London - Stage 3 - 22 June 2017