Union learning representatives
ULRs specialise in advising and supporting members with their continuing personal and professional development. They work closely with school/college members and management to identify ways to improve access and quality of current provision, as well as source new opportunities.
The role can include:
- raising awareness and promoting the value of learning
- providing information on learning
- identifying learning needs
- working with employers and partners to improve access to learning
- monitoring quality of provision, and supporting equal opportunities in learning.
The role is accredited and ULRs complete a one-day course to equip them with the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role.
The ULR course will help you to:
- develop your skills and knowledge about the role of ULRs
- work with other ATL / AMiE reps on learning issues to improve union organisation at your workplace
- find out what ATL / AMiE policies are around learning
- promote the value of learning and skills within the workplace
- identify members' learning needs
- support members in managing their own learning
- work with your employer to develop learning opportunities.
Who this course is for
This course is for new ATL / AMiE union learning reps.