A wealth of support online
ATL's website contains all the information you need to help you in your working life.
- develop your career by booking a training course, using ATL's job finder service or participating in an online learning session
- access advice and support, use the pay and pensions calculators, download a factsheet or order a publication
- find information if you are new to teaching or if you're in a leadership or management role
- keep up-to-date with the latest news by reading our press releases, Report magazine and other newsletters
- research a range of issues, from health and safety to pay and pensions
- shape ATL's policy by taking part in surveys and discussion groups
- get involved in the union.
ATL in your sector
As a modern trade union, ATL believes in the ethos of the education community and that the contribution of all staff is equally important. Consequently, ATL welcomes into membership all professionals working in education across the maintained, independent and further education sectors - from teachers and teaching assistants, support staff such as technicians and librarians, lecturers and education managers.
To find out more, click on the links below:
- ATL in the maintained sector
- ATL in academies and free schools
- ATL in the independent sector
- ATL and support staff
- ATL in the further education sector
- ATL's leadership section, AMiE.
ATL's national officials provide sector-specific support and advice to members working in the independent sector, in support and in Scotland.