Unrivalled publications and resources
ATL understands the importance of providing authoritative, relevant and practical information, which will benefit you professionally and personally. We are unrivalled in the range and quality of free guides, factsheets and publications we provide to help you throughout your career in education.
Our publications include:
- Managing Classroom Behaviour – with practical ideas to help in the classroom
- Achievement for All – a guide to teaching pupils with SEN
- Taking Students Off Site – how to plan a safe and successful trip
- Violence, Threatening Behaviour and Abuse – how to deal with it.
Many more topics are also covered, from pay and pensions to assessment and working in an academy.
You can see the full range of our most popular publications in our publications catalogue and in the publications section of this website, where you can also download and order hard copies of publications and resources for free.
ATL in your sector
As a modern trade union, ATL believes in the ethos of the education community and that the contribution of all staff is equally important. Consequently, ATL welcomes into membership all professionals working in education across the maintained, independent and further education sectors - from teachers and teaching assistants, support staff such as technicians and librarians, lecturers and education managers.
To find out more, click on the links below:
- ATL in the maintained sector
- ATL in academies and free schools
- ATL in the independent sector
- ATL and support staff
- ATL in the further education sector
- ATL's leadership section, AMiE.
ATL's national officials provide sector-specific support and advice to members working in the independent sector, in support and in Scotland.