These duties may include:
- undertaking relevant training
- analysing the learning or training needs of ATL members
- providing information and advice on learning or training
- arranging learning or training
- consulting the employer about learning and training
- preparing for the above.
The law does not assign a negotiating role to ULRs. However, some employers may voluntarily negotiate learning agreements with their ULRs.
For further details, see the ACAS code of practice.
Need further advice?
Your first point of contact is your ATL/AMiE rep in your school or college. Your local ATL/AMiE branch is also available to help with queries, or you can contact AMiE's member advisors on tel: 0345 8118111 or email us. Please have your membership number to hand when telephoning and include it with any correspondence - this will help us to answer your query more quickly.