Key information about income tax

Pay and pensions
02 November 2016
Teachers and lecturers' salaries are normally taxed under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) scheme, through which your employer deducts tax from your salary in line with a code from HM Revenue & Customs.

Need further advice?

Your first point of contact is your ATL rep in your school or college. Your local ATL branch is also available to help with queries, or you can contact ATL's member advisors on tel: 020 7930 6441 or email us. Please have your membership number to hand when telephoning and include it with any correspondence - this will help us to answer your query more quickly.