ATL negotiates your pay and pensions including TLRs for pastoral responsibilities and safeguarding the Teachers' Pension Scheme (TPS). We played a major role in creating clear robust standards for teachers entering the profession, and ensured access to CPD was made a mandatory part of performance management.
ATL also represents supply teachers employed by schools, LAs and agencies. We campaign to ensure agency supply teachers receive a fair wage and access to the TPS.
In addition to all the usual services you would expect from a union, such as first-class advice and support, ATL commits considerable resources to supporting our members in the maintained sector.
ATL offers you:
- staff dedicated to negotiating your pay, pensions and working conditions
- campaigns on issues such as workload, rural poverty and changes to the curriculum
- a chance to take part in developing policy which affects your working life through member groups, surveys and research
- Report, our award-winning magazine focusing on education initiatives and policy
- a website packed with key information, advice and support
- publications and factsheets containing help and advice, covering such topics as cyberbullying, discipline and pensions
- tailored training courses including managing behaviour, leading teams and preparing for retirement.