- Arrival and registration 9:00 - 9:30
- The event is due to finish at 13:00
This event is FREE for all trainee and NQT members of the National Education Union - you may be an NEU only member or a member of the ATL or NUT section - everyone is welcome!
'Stop Looking at the Ceiling Tiles’ is a training presentation developed for teachers who recognise they can make a difference in the classroom and appreciate that behaviour is closely linked to engagement. The session will highlight numerous practical and effective strategies to increase engagement including the following areas:
• Sharing best practice
• Effective Questioning. Hands up?
• Creating an effective climate for learning
• Developing good working relationships
• Developing independent learners to secure progress
• The Bannister Effect
• Time Management
• Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills