ATL believes in the ethos of high quality teaching and learning. As a modern trade union, we recognise the importance to our members of professional development. That is why we offer accredited training and CPD opportunities, from one-day training courses up to Masters level.
In addition to all the usual services you would expect such as first-class advice and support both nationally and at local level from your ATL branch or regional official, ATL commits considerable resources to supporting our members in the further education sector.
ATL offers you:
- a pay, conditions and pensions team working on behalf of all staff in schools, FE colleges and sixth form colleges
- your local ATL branch, who can help you with any questions or issues that you have
- a national official for post-16 education
- a member advisory group, the Further and Education Sectors Group, which advises ATL's Executive Committee
- our termly newsletter, Post-16 news
- tailored training courses, advertised in our Learning Zone
- major discounts on CPD
- a yearly FE conference.
For details of how to join, see our join us page.