The trade union side have now submitted a joint pay claim for 2017/18. The claim includes the following elements.
- An increase on all pay points equal to RPI plus 3% with a minimum uplift of £900.
- FE colleges to become accredited living wage employers.
- An increase in preparation time.
- Minimum CPD entitlement for all staff of 30 hours.
- Nationally agreed maximum class sizes.
- Agency staff to be used only for emergency cover.
The claim was submitted formally at a meeting of the National Joint Forum (NJF) in May. Discussions are continuing at Officer level and there will be a further NJF meeting on 19 September.
NJF Joint Trade Unions' Pay and Condtions Claim 2017-18
Tagged with:Pay negotiations